Lazy Sunday Skincare


Sunday is the best day to boost my skin. I have far more time and patience than I would have mid-week. This means I can take more time to cleanse and care for my skin. I love how at the end of the week I can relax and take time to do a skin care routine, or choose to switch it up, depending on how the previous week has left my skin!


I start the morning off with a long hot shower, this opens up my pores (this is ideal if you want to prevent blocked pores and give them a good cleanse!)

I hop out the shower and  cleanse my skin with the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. This product is absolutely fantastic, and has twelve awards to prove it! I use this with the pure cotton cloth. This product works in a 2 phrase process. Phase 1 is the Cleanse, where you massage this onto dry skin, working in a circular motion. Phase 2 is the Polish and uses the damp cloth to wipe off the cream. Afterwards, lightly pat skin dry with a towel. This cleanser contains Chamomile and Eucalyptus essential oil and helps make your skin smooth and clear. This product is suitable for all skin types.  (Woohoo!)
Available at lizearle.com , £28 for 200ml

Next I apply a face mask. I don't have a favourite at the moment, as I usually try out new ones quite often, but I have recently been loving this Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask by The Body Shop. After a fantastic recommendation from a friend (Who has a similar skin type to me) I thought it was worth a go. Now, before I get on to the routine, I must mention that getting your hands on one of these is a tricky business. This popular mask is almost always out of stock in-store and online, which I guess is not a bad thing for skin products, at least you know people love it!
So what you do with this mask is apply an even layer to your face, leave for 5-10 mins (I keep my mask on until it has dried completely, otherwise it's a bit of a pain to get off). Rinse with warm water and voila! Smooth, healthy looking skin!
Available at thebodyshop.com  ,£16 for 75ml

Before my moisturiser, I spritz my face with the Pix! Vitamin Wakeup Mist. This contains Orange Blossom & Citrus extract, and smells wonderful. I use this all the time -before moisturiser to strengthen and tone, after makeup to add hydration, as a setting spray for makeup (yes, this really does work a treat!) and whenever I need to refresh and wakeup my skin! This is paraben free too!
Available at pixibeauty.co.uk ,£16 for 80ml

After that, I apply The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturizer. This helps fight the look of fatigued skin and boosts radiance for smoother and softer feeling skin. Oh yes! Just simply massage into skin until fully absorbed. This contains Aloe Vera, which hydrates my skin spectacularly. Did I mention this has a beautiful, fresh orange scent?!
Available at thebodyshop.com ,£16 for 50ml

I aim to drink lots of water in the Morning, as this has many skincare and health benefits such as flushing out toxins, boosts immune system and improves skin complexion (to name but a few)
I like to drink a pint of cold water with a few ice cubes.

I also want to add that all of the products I have talked about are cruelty free!
Did you know that 80% of countries still allow animal testing?
The Body Shop is running a petition against animal testing, to present to the UN General Assembly in 2018. sign it Here and help make a difference!

I hope you have enjoyed this post!

Lots of Love,
LucyLady
xxx

twitter // LucyLadyBlogs
Bloglovin' // LucyLadyBlogs
Pinterest //  LucyLadyBlogs99




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Favourites 2017

When To Chuck Your Makeup

Polaroid Stationary